I had to search for a “fixed” driver to use my Samsung S10+ as a hotspot on Saturday because the default NDIS driver wouldn’t work — and this has been happening every day since. I constantly get this notification on my desktop but not my on laptop which are both on the same Microsoft account tried everything but it pops up at least once a week very annoying and strange. I wonder if the notification from Microsoft are related to the fact that I did not use the Windows product key and instead opted to activate my account with my Microsoft account. The second time , I opted not to put in the Windows product key and opted to activate using my Microsoft account. But soon after the fresh installation, I began to get frequent notifications that I have mentioned above api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll.
- Once Shared PC Mode is enabled, it is not easy to go back to a standard Windows 10 install.
- This is an important distinction, as Microsoft has a long history of making subtle changes between versions of Windows, changes that can significantly impact research findings from folks like Yogesh.
- If you required such capability, these will need to be looked at.
- This should take you into your BIOS or UEFI firmware.
If you need to open and use Registry Editor frequently, you can create a shortcut of it on your desktop. Then, you can launch it by double-clicking its shortcut just like opening other computer programs. Press Windows + R keys to trigger the Windows Run dialog. Then, type “regedit” into the column and click OK to launch Windows 11 Registry Editor.
Methods In Dll Errors – A Background
Double-click Disable Shared Experiences.reg or Enable Shared Experiences.reg to enable or disable Enable or Disable Shared Experiences. Disable the Continue experiences on this device policy on the right side. Later, you can delete the EnableCdp value to allow the user to use the Shared Experiences options. Leave its value data as 0 to disable the feature. Choose Settings from the list of options that opened.
- Any previous incompatible updates in your Windows 10 PC might not allow new updates to be downloaded in it.
- Just began receiving the annoying “Microsoft account problem” notification about three days ago.
- For example the “o365 app” in azure does not also control the “Myapps” portal.
- At this point, you’ll no longer be participating in Microsoft’s Wi-Fi sharing program, but your passwords may still be stored remotely.
The /s parameter specifies that all subkeys and value names are to be compared. ▪REG_SZ A standard fixed-length string, used to represent human-readable text values. ▪REG_MULTI_SZ A multiple string used to represent values that contain lists or multiple values; each entry is separated by a NULL character. ▪REG_BINARY Stores the value as binary data of 0’s and 1’s but displayed in hexadecimal format. Information about most hardware components is stored as binary data. When working with the Reg commands, different keys of the Registry are referenced by predefined notations. ▪HKEY_CURRENT_USER Contains the profile of the currently logged-on user.
Next steps: planning for the Windows EOL
Find the Windows Update service in the list, right-click then choose Properties. This article covers how faculty, staff, and students can check for and download/install Windows Updates to their Windows PC computers and laptops. Look for Windows Update from the list of services.